Editor's Note/Note du directeur
- "Under a Watchful Eye: A Case Study of Police Surveillance During the 1930s"
- Michael Lonardo
- "Spying on the Young in Depression and War: Students, Youth Groups and the RCMP 1935-1942"
- Paul Axelrod
- "From Dreams of the Worker State to Fighting Hitler: The German-Canadian Left from the Depression to the End of World War II "
- Art Grenke
- "'Hands-off Labour Forum': The Making and Unmaking of National Working-Class Radio Broadcasting in Canada, 1935-1944 "
- Marcus Klee
- "'Character Weakness' and 'Fruit Machines': Towards an Analysis of the Anti-Homosexual Security Campaign in the Canadian Civil Service "
- Gary Kinsman
- "Social Movement Activism in the Formation of Ontario New Democratic Party Policy on Abortion, 1982-1984"
- Lorna Weir
- "Old Unions and New Social Movements "
- William K. Carroll and R.S. Ratner
- To Be Free Full-Time: The Challenge of Work
- Tom Wayman
- Thoughts and Suggestions on the Social Problem and Things in General (1888-1889)
- Phillips Thompson
Review Essays/Notes Critiques
- A Crate of Records is Like a History Book
- William Eric Perkins
- The Eclipse of the NDP
- Nelson Wiseman
- Government Worker Unions: A Review Article
- Desmond Morton
- Jews Inventing Ethnicity?: A Review Essay
- Royden Loewen